亚洲аv天堂无码,久久aⅴ无码一区二区三区,96免费精品视频在线观看,国产2021精品视频免费播放,国产喷水在线观看,奇米影视久久777中文字幕 ,日韩在线免费,91spa国产无码

      UN Envoy calls for humanitarian corridor for civilians to evacuate from Syria's Idlib

      Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-31 01:52:15|Editor: Liangyu
      Video PlayerClose

      SWITZERLAND-GENEVA-SYRIA-STAFFAN DE MISTURA?

      UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura speaks to a group of journalists in Geneva, Switzerland, Aug. 30, 2018. Staffan de Mistura on Thursday called the parties to the Syria war to facilitate a credible humanitarian corridor to allow civilian population from the Idlib area to temporarily evacuate to safer places. (Xinhua/Xu Jinquan)

      GENEVA, Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura on Thursday called the parties to the Syria war to facilitate a credible humanitarian corridor to allow civilian population from the Idlib area to temporarily evacuate to safer places.

      Speaking to a group of journalists, the UN Envoy also called on the parties not to accelerate military escalation and give more time for discussions aiming at avoiding the worse-case scenario.

      "You can understand that when there is a perfect storm coming up in front of our eye, potentially, we need to address first things first," he said.

      His remarks came after reports of a "false flag" chemical weapon attack allegedly staged by the Syrian government troops to provoke military response from one or all of the allies Britain, France and the United States.

      Mentioning deep concern about "this chilling military potential escalation" in the area of Idlib and its potential implications, de Mistura stressed that "the lives of 2.9 million people are at stake and international mutually threatening messages and warnings and counter-warnings have taken place in the last few days."

      According to the UN Envoy, of the 2.9 million people in Idlib, some 1.4 million already have been displaced at least once and about 2.1 million are already in need for humanitarian aid, before what they fear would be the battle for Idlib.

      In the past, he said, every time when there was a crisis there would be some places many could opt to go, but as the last and the largest de-escalation area announced in Astana, people in Idlib are now "packed" in a relatively small area.

      "There is no other Idlib, where can they go? Where anyone can go? " de Mistura asked.

      The UN Envoy said that he himself is prepared to "personally and physically" get involved to ensure such a temporary corridor would be feasible and guaranteed for the people so they can then return to their own places untouched once this is over.

      Earlier in 2016 during the fighting and humanitarian crisis in Syria's Aleppo, the UN Envoy provided a similar offer but was refused.

      "It would be a tragic irony if at almost the end of what we consider at the moment in front of our eyes, a territorial war inside Syria, we would be witnessing the most horrific tragedy to the largest number of civilians," he added.

      The UN Envoy for Syria told reporters that currently, an extremely high concentration of foreign fighters and in particular the highest number of al-Nusra, al-Qaeda fighters are now in the area.

      "The estimates of al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, whatever name they want to call themselves, is more or less around 10,000 of them, plus families," he said.

      On the issue of avoiding the potential use of chemical weapons, de Mistura said that he was definitely looking with great concern on that or any type of weaponised chlorine.

      "We need to see countries united on fighting terrorists, protect civilians, and consider unacceptable any use or misuse of chemical weapons," he stressed.

      UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has clearly reminded everyone that the systematic use of indiscriminate weapons in populated areas may amount to war crimes, de Mistura said.

      Earlier on Wednesday, UN chief also expressed deep concern that a full scale military assault in Syria's Idlib province risks a humanitarian catastrophe and urged all parties to preserve the last de-escalation zone in the war-torn country.

         1 2 3 Next  

      KEY WORDS: Syria
      EXPLORE XINHUANET
      010020070750000000000000011100001374317351
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 野花国产精品入口| 国产亚洲精品国看不卡| 无码精品一区二区三区免费视频| 亚洲日韩欧美自拍他拍| 91福利精品老师国产自产在线| 国产综合第一夜| 免费无码中文字幕A级毛片| 亚洲男人天堂av在线| 不卡免费av在线高清| 乐陵市| 海阳市| 极品人妻少妇一区二区| 杨幂国产精品一区二区| 精品一区二区中文字幕| 欧美视频第一页| 国产一区二区黑丝美女| 国产日本在线视频| 久久无码一一区| 欧美视频九九一区二区| 加勒比无码专区中文字幕| 三级全黄的视频在线观看| 亚洲成aⅴ人片在线观看天堂无码| 丝袜人妻无码专区视频| 亚洲av成人无码天堂| 中文天堂在线视频| 久久精品国产亚洲精品2020| 大伊香蕉在线精品视频75| 国产亚洲精品自在久久| 国模冰莲极品自慰人体| 97精品国产91久久久久久久| 精品人无码一区二区三区| 55夜色66夜色国产精品视频| 日韩欧美国产另类| 久久婷婷激情综合色综合俺也去 | 成黄色片视频日本秘书丝袜| 漂亮人妻洗澡被公强 日日躁| 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费| 97精品伊人久久久大香线蕉| 亚洲成人av一区二区| 亚洲婷婷综合色香五月| 国产91色在线播放免费|